Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Aging

Recently, I met up with my former student...
I have not seen this student for the past 3 years.
When we sat down, this student asked me: "Teacher, how come you look so old already?"
...

(This was my look when I was 6 years old)

Then,
I have another friend, who recently saw my picture..
And this friend was so shocked,
asked: "why do you look like gained weight?"

=.=

When all these people asked me these type of aging questions, have they ever thought of how they actually expect me to answer?
"Yes, I am old." .....?
"Yes, I am fat." ...... ?
Will this answer make them happy?
What do they actually want?
To hurt my feelings?
Or really out of concern?

(This was me with a younger look.)

The worst is E! News, always compare celebrities during their young days and old days looks.
What do they actually get? By laughing at the physical process....
People will surely get old and out of shape.
Why do people have to comment?

Why they never say: "Eh, you look so different as compare to when you were 5 years old! That time more cute!!!"

Please, this is natural process...
Some people are so lucky that they have a baby face, and forever slim body that no matter how much they ate, there will be no trace of fat.
If you belong to this category, congratulations!
But, please try to understand others.

 
 (A little old then.)

I am living in this physical body, this illusion world.
I will age too.

Please, whoever out there,
If you ever see me many years later,
please don't be shocked that I turned so "old",
turned so "fat",
and turned so "sick".

One day, I will have to die too.
 What remain on the stone is my young photo.
 With a  dead, old and rotten body in the grave.


Is physical shape really that important?
I won't bother to look young and slim.
I think, most importantly is that,
I must be wiser each day.
I should look wise and kind when I turn old.
Isn't it?

4 comments:

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Hi MiChi first time to slip by hopping over from foongpc. The common saying "Life is impermanent and death is certain". No doubt about it we don't even own our body at the least to take care of it and age gracefully...~;).

foongpc said...

It's too bad but people tend to judge others by how they look. This is how the world works. And if you are a celebrity, even worse, you got to maintain or else...

MiChi said...

Bananaz: thanks for dropping by.... ya, should just enjoy every moment at present!

MiChi said...

foongpc:
sad about human..... outer look is still their first emphasis