Thursday, January 31, 2013

Déjà vu

I first heard about this word was from "The Matrix".


Keanu Reeves was running up a staircase trying to escape from the enemies, and he saw a cat at the corner of the stairs again and again when he ran higher and higher up the stairs. He mumbled: "Déjà vu!" ... Ya, that's where I learnt it.

If you google about this word, you will know that it is describing a situation whereby you have a strong sensation that the particular event or experience you are currently experiencing had been experienced in the past.

For example, this morning you went for breakfast. When you reached the particular coffee shop, you walked to a hawker and told the hawker something about yourself... And "deng~~!!!", you realised the whole picture was like happened before! But that was something new that you are telling the hawker!

Agree?

I always have this kind of experience, as if I dreamed about it before... Or it happened to me before...

Another phenomenon is that, we keep our thinking pattern the same at all time...

For example, when I write my blog or diary, many times I tend to repeat the same topic and the same content that I have written before again and again.

There is this really experienced brain surgeon found out that, every one has their own thinking pattern, no one has the same; and.... whether you are at your baby time, or as old as 90 years old, your thinking pattern never change!!

Does that explain why we keep thinking the same way? Why we keep giving the same answer to the particular question? Why we keep doing things the same way? Why we maintain as stubborn as when we were young? Deja Vu?


Does this explain why we keep reincarnate again and again, and hardly able to jump out from this cycle?

We are living in an illusion world. Therefore, every information we get are repeat information ...Break your thinking pattern, break the "Déjà vu"... Who knows, you have new discovery!?

5 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I heard of this word when they opened a "Deja Vu" restaurant behind Lot 10 some 15 years ago.

I have bumped into many people whose auras flashed out - Deja Vu.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

Quite often Bananaz would have this Deja Vu, how to break the pattern? Whoa Matrix is my favorite movie.

இ Baŋäŋaz இ said...

TM very chim no understand on the part 'auras flashed out'. Your words of wisdom is much appreciated. Kop khun krap.

Libby said...

This is not our first life. And it is not the last life. As long as our ignorance remains, we will be born again and again. The Karmic energy we produce here, will go beyond death. We are our own creators. Till we become enlightened, we will remain in this circle of repeated existence.

眠樱符 said...

I had Deja Vu a few times.
Never manage to recall if the incident really repeated or I just thought that I experienced that incident before.