Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Cycling Journey

When I first started cycling, my maximum speed was only 20 km/h.... Couldn't even cycle up slope...


I felt so bad for making my cycling buddies waited for me, so, I did some secret trainings, by riding to and fro Putrajaya from Sri Petaling via MEX almost every night after work...


Haha.... yeah, it's 35 km ride each time, with 5 steep slopes to cycle through....
Just to train up my quadricep....

Later, I realized I had no endurance, so I started doing long distance ride, including riding to and fro Morib, from Sunway, via Kesas highway.... It's almost 135 km for round trip:


Group photo after reaching Morib and had the yummy nasi lemak there:

Besides that, I also went to train at Ulu Langat, up to Peres:

More hills to climb here....

Other than that, I often train at Guthrie Corridor Expressway, to and fro Rawang from Bukit Jelutong.... round trip about 45 km.

Or Kajang-Broga.... hills and hills and hills...

The longest journey I'd ever done was to and fro Malacca, from Bandar Sunway:


It was so hot that I have to cover my face with cloth... like a terrorist only....
hahaha, and appeared on Star Metro:

Group photo after reaching Malacca.... one way was 180 km.... round trip 360 km! Gosh!


The most fun ride I ever had so far was to cycle to Pulau Ketam with some of the fun going cyclists.

Last two Sunday, I cycled to Port Dickson! hahah, no distance, no fun....
And finally, my cycling speed has improved so much... I can cycle at 32 km/h up slope... Flat road can reach 40 km/h.... of course my stamina and endurance is yet to improve...

Next I wish to do is mountain bike.... hahah, before I am too old to do it...

Here's a nice cycling video, enjoy the songs and the scenery yeah!


3 comments:

Medie007 said...

wow. congrats... so geng!

Azizan Zolkipli said...

1 way 180km ??? wowwww !!

Anonymous said...

wow.so far,congratulation.good stamina